Raspberry Pi 4, CaptureGrid4

I’ve been testing this issue on a raspberry pi4 today running ubuntu 18.04 arm64 version.
There seems to be some issues with the security restrictions that snapd applies to the capturegrid4 snap.

For a snap package to access network shares or removable drives, it needs to declare support for the “removable-media” interface; capturegrid4 does this already.

With that, there should be two things to check:

1. Connect the removable-media interface to the snap.
    Do this with the command:

snap connect capturegrid4:removable-media

2. Make sure the network share is mounted under /media

But even when I did both those things, capturegrid4 still failed to save to a network share.

Eventually I did manage to get it working, by re-installing the snap package in --devmode, like this:

snap remove capturegrid4
snap install --devmode capturegrid4

(and then editing the capturegrid4_options.json again to change the photo download directory).

So Vlad, hopefully you can try those things and see if it works.
These security restrictions applied by the snapd system are pretty awkward, and I think probably its not working correctly under the raspberry pi (maybe under intel linux disto it works better).

1 Like

Thank you. Now this working!

Now CaptureGrid4 working on a stable branch without issues with NFS shares.

in /etc/fstab

ip:port/share/ /mnt/capturegrid nfs nfsvers=4,rw 0 0

mount -avvv

snap uninstall capturegrid4
snap install capturegrid4
snap stop capturegrid4

edit path to Photos folder in /snap/capturegrid4/current/.config/CaptureGRID 4/capturegrid4_options.json
to /mnt/capturegrid

snap start capturegrid4

Stopping CaptureGrid4 is mandatory before editing json config, overwise cgrid will rewrite config back on restart. Quite uncommon for Unix behavior that cost me lot of time to figure out. Usually any services allow change config that will be loaded on service restart. :wink: