Tethering with Fujifilm X-T3

Hi all.
I do stacked and stitched micro-photography with microscope lenses.
I use two cameras:
Olympus OM-D E-M1 MarkII
Fujifilm X-T3.
Camera movement and shooting is done with the WiFi-Enabled 3-Axes Motion Controller de www.mjkzz.de/ through the Focus Stacking Studio software.
With the Olympus I have full tethering with OM Capture which handles the camera settings and allows me to shoot via cable from the WiFi-Enabled 3-Axes Motion Controller while maintaining live view.
For the X-T3 I have not found any program that allows me to do the same.
I just installed the trial version of Smart Shooter 5 and I have the impression that with this program I can do full tethering.
But I find that I can’t change the camera settings from it.
Screenshot: https://www.flickr.com/gp/rubio41/98qbUk29L8
With the plug-in for Lightroom Classic, there is no live view and I can’t change the camera settings (ISO and shutter speed).
What am I doing wrong?
Does anyone know any solution?
Greetings and thank you very much.
Alfredo
Oviedo - Spain

With the plug-in for Lightroom Classic, there is no live view and I can’t change the camera settings (ISO and shutter speed).

Thanks for reaching out on this.

FujiFilm cameras do not currently allow for camera settings to be changed via the software. These changes must occur on camera. This current limitation will also apply to the Lightroom Classic Plug-In as well. The Plug-In does not allow for the Live View feed to be passed to Lightroom Classic, so Live View will only be available in Smart Shooter 5.

Hopefully that information is helpful, but please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank for the answer David.
Can you tell me if in later versions of Smart Shooter there is a possibility that I can manage the Fuji X-T3 parameters from Camera Controls?
Currently in Smart Shooter 5, on which APS-C sensor cameras, can the camera parameters be varied from the Camera Controls module?
The program in general works well and for high magnification stacking, the magnifier is a great help.
I did some stacking with it, in total 3062 pictures (one every 3 seconds), without any problems.
I only noticed that the battery charging via USB is interrupted. Using the Fujifilm X Adquire and LR, it doesn’t happen.
I don’t know if this little arithmetic bug can be corrected:

Greetings and thank you very much
Alfredo
Oviedo - Spain

Thanks for the update on this.

We appreciate you feedback on this issue. We can see that there is a problem with the way that the Shutter speed is being represented in the software in both the Photo table as well as in the Camera Controls area. We will pass that information along to the developers.

FujiFilm cameras currently only allow for settings to be changed on camera. Camera Controls area should report accurate information, but all drop downs will be greyed out as an indication that the settings must be changed on camera.

We are glad to hear the focus stacking tests seemed to turn out well.

We are not aware of any issue that would affect USB charging. Our general guidance is to turn USB Power Delivery / Charging OFF in the camera menu. This is because, on many setups, USB Power can cause connection issues. For this reason, our advice is to keep the setting off. Nonetheless, we will report this issue to the software developers as well.

Thanks for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback on the software.
Take care,
David

Hello,

Before purchasing the program, I checked the list of supported devices and found my FujiFilm GFX50SII and FujiFilm X-H2. However, I encountered the same issue as described above.

(I suggest that you declare in the supported cameras list that I cannot modify the settings of some products.)

I also tested the cameras with CaptureOne 23 and I was able to change the settings there. Therefore, I am confused about the statement “FujiFilm cameras do not currently allow for camera settings to be changed via the software”, as this is clearly possible for Capture One (see attached gif).

Therefore, my question is whether Fuji support is coming in the future or if not, why not, when it is clearly possible to control the camera with CaptureOne.
captureonesettingsfuji

Thanks for getting back in touch on this.

Smart Shooter 5 uses a different method to connect to cameras. The method that Smart Shooter 5 uses to connect to the camera forces the connection to either allow camera control and block out software control, or vice versa. For that reason, the developers opted to preserve camera control, rather than force the software control. It may be that Capture One is preserving software control and blocking camera control. Or, it may be that Capture One is using a different method to connect to the camera.

In any case, it is certainly something that the software team is continuing to look at. They are optimistic that there may be a way to address this issue in future updates, though we can not say for sure at this point. In any event, we very much appreciate your feedback on this issue.

I agree with Miloslav. I have tried tethering with Capture One and I can manage some parameters of the camera from the program, but I still can’t shoot from the camera in the live view mode of the program. I suggest you to study well the OM. Capture which is the only one that does full tethering. Although it is only for Olympus cameras.
Best regards
Alfredo