Start Python script when Smart Shooter launches

Hi-

Is there a way to launch a an external API script when SmartShooter Pro launches? I’ve created a script that keeps track of the custom file name as well as the original file name and I’d like to ensure it’s running anytime the user launches SS.

Thanks,
Del

If it’s a script you’ve been running with the “Load Script” and “Run Script” buttons within Smart Shooter, then yes you can automatically run that kind of script when the app starts. To do that, use the command line parameter “–run”.

For example:

SmartShooter4 --run myscript.py

If its a script you’ve been running separately from Smart Shooter, you you will need to managing launching it yourself.

Thanks Francis. It’s a script that I’ve been launching outside of Smart Shooter as I didn’t realize I could run it from within. I’ll see if I can do that and if I can do that then I’ll try your suggestion.

Is there a limits to the kinds of scripts that can run from inside the program? I have one that uses the zmq and son libraries but when I try to run it via the Load/Run buttons its throws and error code for the line that imports zmq. “ModuleNotFoundError: No Module Named ‘zmq’”

I have zmq installed in both the Mac Python 2.7 package as well as the 3.8 version that I installed.

Any advice? I’d really like this script to run with the --run my script.py command you mentioned.

thanks,
macboy

The scripts run inside Smart Shooter will use a built-in embedded python interpreter.
Unfortunately this means its not possible to installl and use extra packages, such as zmq.

If you need you use extra packages like that, I recommend you switch to using the External API feature instead. With that, you can still use python, but run the script in your own environment, external to the Smart Shooter app.

More info on that here:
https://capturegrid.com/external_api.html

thanks,
Francis.

I have it as an external script but was hoping to turn it into an ‘internal’ script so it could be launched as part of the application startup process.