Settings unavailable while external trigger attached

Recommended software by a friend. I have 7 cameras. 6 Canon T2i’s, and 1 Canon Sl1. Two 6 way splitters 3.5mm. Each splitter has 1 Neewer receiver with sync cable going into it. The rest of the ports go to the cameras with 3.5-2.5mm cables. All cameras fire synchronously. From this point I have a 13 port powered USB hub going into 1 port on 1 pc. A total of 7 cameras plugged into it. I’ve installed a 30 day trial of Capture Grid 4. Without any external trigger, the USB modes and cameras are recognized and trigger and transfer fine to the PC. However. When I have the actual external trigger attached to the cameras. The software will not pull all of the images, and settings can no longer be changed. Also liveview becomes unavailable. I experience the same issue using digicam control for example. Any thoughts as to why this is occurring?

We had similar problem with Canon D70, all worked fine with just on camera connected to the system, but when 7-8 Canons in a hub (pro industrial) they have problem, the USB traffic stoped working. Turned out that the canon cameras have problems with RAW download at the same time over the same hub. We swaped to the same setup but with Nikon cameras (5300/5600), and it all worked directly. Canon have USB/protocol problems… (and we only use Nikons today).

A friend is bringing esper boxes around Thanksgiving here in the US. I think the splitters are sending power to the other cameras causing a short. While the 2.5mm cables are plugged in, I can’t access menu settings on the cameras. Direct plugin to the neewer trigger without splitters, I can access one camera. I’ll update this when I can test them

I think the splitters are sending power to the other cameras causing a short. While the 2.5mm cables are plugged in, I can’t access menu settings on the cameras.

Yes this is definitely a possible cause, this type of issue can block the camera’s USB communication.