Remote control of camera lens angle of view

Hello.
I am Ryun Gun.

I am using a power zoom lens in my camera. If the camera is turned off and the power is turned on again, the angle of view of the lens changes to the minimum (18mm). I want to keep the angle of view of the lens fixed 70mm. I have several questions regarding this.

1. I would like to remotely control the angle of view of an electronic camera lens using Capture grid4. Is there any possible way?

2. If I don’t have a built-in feature, can I use a script to create it? How can I get such a script?

3. When is the Sony camera capable of controlling the camera controller like a Canon camera?

Finally, the camera model I am using is Sony A6400, and the lens model name is E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS SELP18105G is this.

Thank you.

Control of the power zoom on Sony cameras coming in the next update to CaptureGRID 4.
With that, you will be able to control PZ lens, by using a new UI.

However, only a few Sony cameras will support this, such as the a7R4 and a7C.
Unfortunately the Sony a6400 does NOT support controlling the power zoom from the tethering software connection.

Thank you for answer. Francis
One more question.
Are there any plans to support updates to Sony A6400 cameras, such as the A7r4 and a7c, to enable power zoom control in the future?
If you can’t support, why not?

No, I don’t think the a6400 (and similar) cameras can support control of the power zoom.

Its only the recent higher-end models that support this.