Muliti-cameras sync connection and trigger problem

Hello everyone,
I am a new user of CaptureGrid4 and now I use this to control 50 camreas, and trigger all camera at same time for photogrammetry, and I found some problem I can not fixed from checking the help file, So please help me.
1, during the connection of these cameras I found there is limitation of number of cameras, even I change the laptop to PC or workstation the limitation is 41 cameras, but use two computer can connect all cameras by network, by the way I use the 3 USB hub to connect all cameras. and the cameras are canon 550D
2, When I use the network to connect all cameras, triggered all cameras at same time by trigger panel, the cameras cannot be triggered at same time, some cameras is triggered and some cameras are busy and later( several second ) trigger, and even some cameras were busy till I restart the CaptureGrid and restart the cameras.

If some one have the same problem or have some solution about above question , please give me feedback and thank you.
and also please the technical of CaptureGrid can contact with me, because I have send the email to your support@kuvacode.com some days ago, and there are no any feedback .

Thanks

Phon
yu_phon@163.com

Hi, I hope you’ve solved the problem by now. Anyway, I will share my experience here.
The problem with the Windows/OS limitation. It is not possible to connect more than 40 devices directly to the PC using USB ports. I tried this personally two years back but faced the same problem and after weeks of research and gave up on it. Finally, I made my setup using multiple Raspberry Pis.
In this setup, I connected cameras (around 100) to the USB hubs and USB hubs connected to the RPi. I connected RPi to the PC using LAN cables through a switch. It worked fine and I was able to control all the cameras from PC and transfer the images automatically.
Please leave a message if you need any further information.

Hey JhZ & Francis :wave:

I’m currently facing challenges in replicating your configuration. I’ve flashed the “capturegrid_pi4_v4_27.img.xz” file onto a 32GB Sandisk Ultra PLUS micro SD using Raspberry Pi Imager and Win 32 Disk Imager.

Post-installation, I inserted the Micro SD into the Pi4, turned on the camera, connected the camera to the Pi via USB, plugged in the power, and connected the Pi to my Windows 11 PC via an Ethernet cable. However, when I open CG4, it doesn’t detect the setup.

I’m unsure if there’s an error in my installation process or if there are specific steps in powering up the hardware. Should I adjust any network or firewall settings on my PC to enable CG4 to detect the Pi with the img file? Is Linux installation necessary on the Pi for CG4, or does it take time for the Pi to boot up before detection? Do I need specific SD card specifications, and should I unzip the “capturegrid_pi4_v4_27.img.xz” file beforehand?

Any guidance you can provide would be highly appreciated.